CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Ticker



Saturday, June 21, 2008

Panera, Take II

This afternoon's jaunt to Panera saw fewer calories and fat grams.

Sesame bagel with reduced fat cream cheese and vegetarian black bean soup, for a total of 590 calories, 17 grams of fat, 10 grams of fiber and 25 grams of protein.

Much better.

I've included fiber and protein because so far, I've found a good combination of those two figures to be a Holy Grail of sorts for me. After a Slim Fast shake* in the car on the way to work, if I have a V8 and a vending machine bag of garden salsa Sun Chips at first break (285 calories, 9 grams fat, 6 grams fiber, 6 grams protein), that sets me up to last until lunch without wanting to eat the whole cafeteria.

*shut up, I haven't been consuming the SF kool-aid. I'm just not a morning person and thus have no time to eat something at home, and it's surprisingly nutrient-rich for the calorie count - though sometimes I wonder if I might be better off guzzling down 12oz of skim milk and a multivitamin on my way out the door - it's more protein and would pack a bigger nutrient punch, but no fiber. But, I digress. I'm still figuring things out.

0 comments: